To enhance the school experience of every Forest Lake State School student by working with the school community to provide the students with:
• Plentiful and diverse opportunities for learning, growth and development
• Additional & improved resources & facilities to support & enhance teaching and learning and the overall school experience
• Unique & rewarding experiences to ensure a fun, safe and memorable primary school experience
• A highly engaged and inclusive community, focussed on making everyone feel welcome, valued and appreciated.
Meeting Times & Location:
The P & C meet on the third Tuesday of each month (except December and January and during school holidays) at 6:30pm in the P & C building, Mod C. Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held in March each year.
Parking is available in Kauri Place, use gate 2 near the staff carpark to enter the school grounds. Please keep up to date through the School Newsletter or our Facebook page for any changes to meeting times or location.
We are also using the Zoom online platform for anyone that would like to be involved but can't make it in person. Those details will also be available through our Facebook page or via email if required.
Becoming a Member or Volunteer:
P&C membership is open to all parents, carers, friends, school and local community members who want to positively input into the life of the school. Volunteers meet regularly, and share their time, energy and skills in different ways. It's an easy way to meet other parents and take an active part in your child's education.
If you would like to join our P&C, please complete our application form or come along to a meeting, where you will be given the opportunity to join if you wish (membership is voluntary!). Everyone is welcome to attend (you can attend without being a member, you just won't be able to vote on items raised) and we love to see new faces and meet new people.
We are always looking for more volunteers for events, fundraising or in our uniform shop and tuckshop. If you have skills that you think maybe useful, or you wish to learn new skills please reach out to us (contact details available under our team heading) or come along to a meeting. Many hands make light work and help build a supportive school community!
Any profits that come out of our different services and our fundraising events are put back into the school. The P&C has been able to support such projects as:
• Amayda Program 2020 and 2021
• School Chaplaincy Program
• Molly the Therapy Dog
• Multiple playgrounds across the school
• Purchasing technology resources such as iPads, robots and 3D printers
• Maintenance projects for the grounds and school hall,
• Air conditioning for the entire school,
• Undercover eating area outside the tuckshop,
• Artificial turf,
• Music Equipment,
• Hall audio upgrade
• and much more….